This guide (PDF, 5.04MB) is for teachers in history, art or architectural studies to download and print in order to arrange their own Neoclassical tour of Sheffield . It can be used for class-based lessons or as a guide for field visits. The buildings can be visited individually or on a walking tour. An itinerary is suggested.
Greek Women and Warfare (Lead by Frances Jardine)
- Apollodorus. Library. Ed. Sir Frazer, J. Cambridge: Harvard University Press.
- —Bonfonte, L., 2011. The Barbarians of Ancient Europe: Realities and Interactions. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- —Bothmer, von D., 1957. Amazons in Greek Art. Oxford: The Clarendon Press.
- —Guliaev, V., 2003. Amazons in the Scythia: New Finds at the Middle Don, Southern Russia. World Archaeology, 35(1), pp. 112-125.
- —Plutarch. Lacaenarum Apophthegmata. Ed. Babbitt, F. Cambridge: Harvard University Press.
- —Plutarch. Pyrrhus. Trans. Perrin, B. Cambridge: Harvard University Press.
—Strabo. Geography. Ed. Jones, H. Cambridge: Harvard University Press.
Priestesses (Lead by Grace Hammett)
- Presentation on Priestesses by Grace Hammett
- Competition by Grace Hammett
- Role in the Panathenaic Procession by Grace Hammett
- Athena Polias by Grace Hammett
- Athena Nike by Grace Hammett